Sunday, April 11, 2021

Happy 26th Birthday!

 

The 9th of April marked the Semi-Feral Mare's 26th birthday. I try each year to take birthday photos of my horses. It is sad to see as they age. Toplines drop, Donni has become much furrier due to her Cushing's disease, a few more lumps and bumps, but at the same time, I am glad they are with me.

Here's to another year to the toughest horse I've known. How many horses have lacerated arteries, displaced colons, survived aspiration pneumonia (multiple times!), had Potomac Horse Fever, and more... The one, the only, world's most expensive Semi-Feral Mare. ;)

But at least those soft, sweet eyes make up for it. Mostly.

2 comments:

Please leave a comment if you like. I love hearing from readers and would like to know that I am not always talking to myself. ;)