Thursday, October 8, 2015

Close but No Cigar (or Trailer!)

I have been on the hunt for a new (to me) trailer.

My husband sold my very ancient, but well cared for tiny two horse-70s style trailer a month or so ago.

So we've been on the prowl since.  The hunt has been narrowed down to catering to The Princess's preference of a slant load, ramp trailer. 

The Princess, would be Chili.  Donni loads just fine.  Chili decides that she doesn't like tiny step up trailers, but happily loads at minute in any ramp & slant load. Who do she think she is?  ;)


So, my husband in usual fashion was cruising Craigslist.  We found a trailer about an hour and a half way that seemed to tick all of the boxes: well cared for, slant load, dressing room!, and a ramp in our price range.

Called & scheduled an appointment and drove there with cash and truck in hand.  Only, we then found out that there was a couple of people that showed up minutes before we did.

They decided to buy the trailer while we were standing there awkwardly.  Oops.  I don't have enough social skill to figure out what to do or say in these situations.

So, I suppose, close, but not yet.  Hopefully our trailer searching adventure will end someday.

On a slightly different note, Chili's leg is healing well.  It has gone past looking absolutely gnarly, to just mostly missing skin and is granulating and growing back well.  OK Chili, time to relax on the vet bills for a while!

2 comments:

  1. Boo, what rotten luck in the trailer. Unfortunate, but the perfect trailer is out there waiting for you ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww man! That sucks about the trailer. :( Hopefully you'll find something even better soon. I still need a trailer too, but I absolutely do not have any funds right now. Maybe in the spring.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you like. I love hearing from readers and would like to know that I am not always talking to myself. ;)