Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Remembering Cigar

Cigar

April 1990-October 7th, 2014

As I am sure many horse people know, hall of fame racehorse Cigar died yesterday after surgery.

I was lucky enough to meet the handsome stallion at the Kentucky Horse Park several times over the years.  The first time I believe I was 14 or so.  I would have to look back at my old photos, but I even had the chance to have my picture taken with him.

The last few times was in 2009 and then last year (2013).





Godspeed Cigar.  
Such a magnificent athlete and awesome ambassador at the Kentucky Horse Park.

4 comments:

  1. He was gorgeous! I had no idea he died. So sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was one of my absolute favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was able to meet him at KHP too! So sad to hear of such a legend passing :-(

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you like. I love hearing from readers and would like to know that I am not always talking to myself. ;)