Saturday, November 16, 2013

Five Things...Equine Style

I'm sure most people on facebook have seen the number of things about me going around.  Something along these lines.
"My number is 5. These are 5 things you may not know about me. Like and I will give you a number. Then copy & paste with your own "things" on your wall."

So in that vein, here are some about myself and the horses.

1. The filly was born with three white feet.  I noticed this past year (seriously) that she now has a white freckle on the fourth foot.  Where the heck was that hiding for a year and a half?

 2.  I can remember my first horse's birthday (and birthyear) off the top of my head.  I am still confused on what day my mother's birthday is on.

3.  The first foal I had a chance to be around and help raise was a black Quarter Horse mare named Lola.  I still have a soft spot for that bloodline of Quarter Horse.

4.  Lola was the first horse I learned to do a jugular blood draw on...as a two year old filly.  She never even flicked an ear.

5.   My first fall was off of a galloping Paint mare bareback.  It was a bit of a hard fall, but hey, I lived to tell the tale.

Sweet Lola.  RIP little lady.

How about you guys?  Anyone want to do this equine style?  :)

2 comments:

Please leave a comment if you like. I love hearing from readers and would like to know that I am not always talking to myself. ;)