Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Princess Gets New Shoes




The other night, I decided that the poor SFM needed more excitement in her life.  In preparation of her potential new trail riding career, I decided to see if the hoof boots I had fit her.

See, I like finding good deals.  The other year, I managed to buy some hoof boots from a hardware store that was clearing out horse equipment.  I also managed to purchase a pair of Oster A5 clippers for under a dollar as well.  But that's a different story.

In this case, I bought four or five pairs of Cavallo and Old Mac hoof boots for about $20 a piece.  I resold them on Ebay.  Win for the people purchasing them for a cheaper cost and a win for me, as I had money to put towards the horse items I decided to keep.

Like the obnoxious red Cavallos.  Why the red ones? 

They happened to be the only reasonably Arab sized ones in the pile.

So, the other night I decided to see how the SFM would fair in her own ruby pair of slippers.  I measured her feet first with a pair of calipers and they seemed close enough (just slightly too large, but she was trimmed the following morning).

I put her in the indoor, wrestled with the velcro and put them on. 

I personally prefer to put boots (whether hock boots, hoof boots, whatever) on a horse in an open area for the first time.  Sometimes the reactions are a bit...well dramatic.  

The SFM's reaction was not so dramatic.  She waddled around like a fat, drunk horse, weaving for a couple of minutes until she realized her newly crimson toes weren't going anywhere.  

Dear SFM:  Just one more step towards being domesticated you know.


4 comments:

  1. Hahaha, sorry the closing paras of this have me giggling like a loony tune

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Boa boots but they don't fit my new horse unfortunately. I heard Cavallos are great too! I can't believe the come in red hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa good deals! You should do my shopping for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHA. You're description of her walking in her shoes is priceless!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you like. I love hearing from readers and would like to know that I am not always talking to myself. ;)