In honor of Fat Tuesday and because I am so incredibly ill, I couldn't go out to see the girls..
Seven great things/strengths in your riding life
- Sticky seat
- Ridden many different breeds, types, and gaits of horses
- Willing to give most things a go
- Supportive husband--despite his griping, he helps out at the barn and will be there to help with the horses
- Some incredibly awesome horse friends
- Ability to make horses materialize for people...looking for a horse, I can probably find one
- Spotting lameness.
Seven things you lack or covet for you or your horse
- Pretty bling bling dressage browband
- Farm to keep the semi ferals on
- Money to show more regularly
- New truck & trailer
- Shorter workday to get out and do things with other horse people during normal hours
- More Back on Track equipment for myself and the ponies!
- A body that doesn't hurt all the time
|This would work. Yes, please.|
Seven things that make you angry
- When people are obnoxious to the barn staff
- Hot horses being put away wet in the winter
- Sore/lame horses that people think are being "naughty"
- My ability to be a crooked rider
- Horse trainers taking short cuts
- The "look" of many Arabian halter horses
- People showing so many horses behind the vertical
Seven things you neglect to do or cut corners on
- Saying thank you more often to those that help me
- Organizing my tack locker. What a war zone.
- Figuring out how to get videos/pictures of myself riding. I have very few.
- Cleaning/oiling tack
- Washing saddle pads more frequently
- Updating my blog more frequently
- Taking more lessons. But that is kind of tied to money.
|See I do ride. I may have lost my bridle or marbles however.|
Seven most expensive things you own for your horse
- Saddles: I have a few. County close contact, Circle Y Equitation, Arabian Saddle Company dressage saddle
- Arabian show halters
- Winter turnout blankets. I have many.
- Tall boots. Which I now need to have stretched because my calf is a little too fat.
- Horse board
- Show fees
- Truck & trailer, even though they are quite a bit older
Seven guilty pleasures
- Buying the cool molasses horse treats
- Looking at saddles for sale. Seriously. What is it with saddles?
- Same with bits...I'd love to buy more bits
- Purple horse items. Hoof picks, brushes, bags, saddle covers, etc.
- Having two horses.
- Having the money to keep accumulating more horse "stuffs"
- Winning ribbons
|Two horses=so many more bills|
Seven things you love about horses and riding
- So much to learn. So complex.
- Competition aspects
- Bloodlines & pedigrees. So fun to delve into genetics.
- Two wills: one team.
- Sense of accomplishment
- Can succeed despite disabilities