Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful

I am naturally not an optimistic person.  But I have made a concious effort to try and remodel my mode of thinking.

So while today is Thanksgiving, I am going to try and list a few things I am thankful for and am positive about.

  • I have a job.  Well, I have more than one job.  But I have enough employment in this economy.  
  • I made enough money today working in one day to pay both horses' board.  That's something positive for sure.
  • I am grateful that the Semi Feral Mare survived her large colon displacement this past July.  That was as close to a miracle as I've ever seen.  So grateful to everyone that helped me while I was literally climbing up the walls.  
  • I am grateful to my husband who puts up with my shenanigans and my overwhelming desire to turn our house into an extra large tack room.
  • I am thankful to have some awesome friends that can jump in when things matter most.  Not sure how I manage to get such nice friends.  :)

    I'm sure there is more, but after eleven hours at work today (short day!), I can't think on my feet exceptionally well. 

    Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!  I am planning on having a quick T-lunch with the husband tomorrow!  Due to the crazy work schedule, I haven't actually seen him this week.  Egads!

    Yep, grateful for even this accident prone pony.  Too bad I don't work for for an equine vet to get discounts on her. 

2 comments:

Please leave a comment if you like. I love hearing from readers and would like to know that I am not always talking to myself. ;)