Thursday, December 11, 2014

Tides of Change

Sometimes change comes when it's least expected.

I really do enjoy my boarding barn.  There are lots of cool women (and some men!) that board there and I usually spend quite a bit of time chatting while riding and hanging out with the horses.

However, I have made a big leap and put in my thirty day notice to move boarding barns.  A gentleman my husband was talking to on the phone about buying beef ended up mentioning something about horses.  One thing lead to another and we ended up viewing the boarding barn.

Pros: 
 Less than five miles from home
No barn hours
Cheaper board cost
Fewer horses
Dressage sized, sand outdoor

Cons:
Missing all of my barn friends :(
Smaller indoor arena
Fewer trails to ride on

So hopefully this will work out!  It will certainly be beneficial to have the girls closer to home while I am working on finishing up my second semester in my accelerated program.  Currently, it's about 30 minutes to drive from home in good weather and in slippery ice & snow, the roads are pretty twisty and dangerous.  It will be nice to be able to pop out before work in the morning and check on them or even get a quick ride in.

Wish me luck.  I've never really left a barn for "non essential" reasons like the barn closing or that I was moving to a different city, so this is a different ball of wax for me!

3 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed all goes (went?) well *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Commute is so important in the winter and when you're busy. I hope it all works out well for you and the girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's awesome! To me having them close is one of the biggest priorities. It's so exciting they'll be less than five miles down the road! :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you like. I love hearing from readers and would like to know that I am not always talking to myself. ;)