Saturday, February 25, 2017

Viva Carlos Blog Hop: Naivete

https://suenostomanvuelo.blogspot.com/2017/02/viva-carlos-blog-hop-naivete.html
What horse related or equestrian related piece of knowledge did you believe was true for an extended period of time that turned out to not be true?



I was always told that Baucher bits generated poll pressure.

It was a bit of a surprise when presented evidence to the contrary.  I still see in many places online discussing if they exhibit poll pressure or not, however, I was given a study in which they did measure to see if there was pressure generated on the poll and it wasn't.  I'll have to see if I can find and link to the study.

Until then, here is a diagram from Bit Bank Australia that illustrates the principle of how you need a lever arm to generate poll pressure. 



So reluctantly I have to say that I was just another obnoxious kid on the internet that was wrong and defending my professor's teachings.  Go figure, that my professor taught me something incorrect.  ;)

So what did you believe that was incorrect?

Hop on over to Viva Carlos to add your blog link or comment below.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah - I totally thought so too, and then read all the arguments, and bought a three piece one -but my mare told me quite clearly there must be a little poll pressure - cause the head tossing didn't stop till I switched back to a french link... so I guess I believe her, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there's a totally different feel in the mouth as well with being so stabilized. I also tried a boucher on picky horse #1 and she didn't like it either. She's in a French link or a 3 piece lozenge loose ring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Clearly don't they know they are scarring us for life.

      Same prof did utter the phrase it's equitation not masturbation as well.

      I think GM must be one of his idols.

      Delete

Please leave a comment if you like. I love hearing from readers and would like to know that I am not always talking to myself. ;)