Thursday, November 12, 2015

And the Horse Spoke

Life has been busy for the past while.

But I had an experience, I wanted to share.  I'm not a person that usually believes in animal communication and extra-sensory perception and all that.  I wish I could, but I am a scientist.  I like reason and order.

Two weeks ago, I had the stunning news that a horse friend of mine was going into hospice.  I had known for some time that she had ovarian cancer, but it took a turn for the worse.

I volunteered to stop by her farm and pick up her trailer, so we could bring her horses to hospice to see her one last time. 

One of her beloved geldings was living at home, so she could have a horse to see while at home.  The other two had been moved to and were being cared for at another farm.

I saw the gelding Dash in his stall.  Dash had never lived alone and is a highly intelligent Morab gelding.




I raised my fingers up through the bars of the stall to say hello.  Dash raised his head, rolled his eyes back, and looked straight at me.

It sent a shiver down my spine.

His anxiety was evident and shook my soul. 

I have never felt something so connected in that instant.  He said, "Help me."

I felt guilty.  I felt horrible.  I hooked up the trailer and told my friend who was caring for the other two horses about my experience. 

It sounds ridiculous.  It sounds absolutely all kinds of crazy, but Dash spoke to me.  He wanted to leave.

The following day, we did bring the horses to hospice.  We went and picked up Dash and I think he knew. He saw his "mother" in her debilitated state and seemed at ease with visiting her.

We took him back to my friend's farm, where he stepped off the trailer and immediately was at ease, the anxiety leaving his body in waves.  He settled in and went right about nosing around quietly in his turnout.

I have never quite had an experience like that.  I realize it sounds ridiculous, but had to share.  I am a rational person, but this moment has left an imprint on my being.




Thank you Dash.  I was listening.


3 comments:

  1. Sometimes they know. Glad you were able to listen to him and also help your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brought tears to my eyes. I'm glad you were listening and that you were able to give him some peace. I'm so sorry about your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *tears* his was so emotional for all involved. Animals and humans alike, horses are such sensitive creatures. We are truly blessed they allow us share their world.
    ♡ & hugs to you and all who know and love your friend

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you like. I love hearing from readers and would like to know that I am not always talking to myself. ;)